Failed to baseline appendix G

Hi @moelsayed ,

I’m just letting you know that I think a major reason why people were getting recipe failures with VAV systems was because rooms were assigned a HVAC without having thermostat setpoints. I’m adding in a routine that will automatically remove the HVAC in these rooms before OpenStudio simulation so that we don’t get failures like this in the future:

Also, I’m testing your model using ASHRAE 90.1 2019 efficiencies to see if you can get any better PCI. The run is here:

The reality may just be that it’s just really tough to do better than the baseline now unless you’re doing something really extraordinary. I can see in your Grasshopper file that your Ironbug HVAC is a pretty standard system 8:

If you want to get better PCI’s, I might recommend using one of the DOAS systems with all of the bells and whistles (eg. enthalpy wheels, demand controlled ventilation and maybe even a fan shutoff if there are certain rooms that are unoccupied at certain times of the day).